Before I became a follower of Jesus, I said it a little differently. Then, I said everything happens for a reason. Now I know that “the reason” for everything is that it’s God’s will that things happen like they do. We don’t meet people unless God wants us to and everyone that we meet makes an impact on us (whether we’d like to admit it or not). Some people stay in our lives permanently, others stay only a little while, and some are out as soon as they are in. But, I believe that each person I come into contact with is shaping me in my journey to find my higher calling. And vice versa. Man, I really hope that what people remember of me is not only positive, but that they see Jesus through me. I hope that they notice that I’m different than everyone else because I have committed my life to Christ.
Here are some things that have happened recently that I know were God’s doing:
- Having your child come home from church talking about her new “best friend” (at the age of 3!) and then find out that you get a new best friend out of the deal, too! One who constantly keeps your mind on the right thing and sends 9 different passages of Scripture when you ask for prayer and beats you over the head (not literally!) when you need it.
- Having someone tell you 75,000 times (I’m sure that’s how she felt) that they lived through that leap of faith that you are considering and that it is worth the risk once you are on the other side. Now that I am on the other side, I wish I had done it sooner.
- To meet someone who is fighting the same battle you are and to hear something that they say and it resonates so deeply in your heart that it sticks forever.
- To work with people who give to anyone in need. I have been the recipient of that giving (multiple times!), and it re-affirms my faith in people. In a world that is cynical and all about getting ahead, it’s wonderful to be a part of such a great group of people.
- When you get to spend your days with ladies who are amazingly caring and devoted to each other and God, I know that God has me there so I can learn from them and them from me (hopefully!).
- When God puts fantastic supporting network of family and friends around you that will do whatever you need at any time of day or night. I would not be where I am today without them.
- When I hear the same message six different ways in three days, I know that it is on purpose. I know God is trying to make sure I am paying attention (I can be very stubborn!) to what He is telling me.
These aren’t small goings on in my life. These are the big ones. I could fill a book with all the mysteries God has played out in my life.
I would love to hear about “God sightings” in your life. Things you know that only happened the way they did because God planned them out that way. Thanks for sharing them with me.